Time Series Measurements
Time-series observations of long duration were begun in 1988 at two key oceanic sites.
- The Bermuda Atlantic Time Series or BATS study
- is being conducted at the Bermuda Biological Station for Research, Inc..
- Also underway at this site are the
- BATS Satellite Oceanography Project,
- Bermuda Bio-Optics Project
- Bermuda Testbed Mooring program
- The Hawai'i Ocean Time-series or HOT Study
- is hosted by the School of Ocean & Earth Science & Technology of the University of Hawai'i at Manoa.
- The HOT program celebrated its 75th Cruise in mid-September, 1996 with a HOT-75 symposium which was well-attended and very informative.
- SOEST is also the home of the Satellite Oceanography Laboratory established by Pierre Flament.
- Also, available there is a Hawai'i Ocean Time-series Data Organization & Graphical System, HOT-DOGS.
- Ancillary HOTS data from Steve Emerson, U of W, of gas ratios.
A call for papers for a DSR-II volume
- The Time-Series Oversight Committee's Report
- from August 1996
- Also see A response to TSOC report
- by Tony Knap, Tony Michaels and Dave Karl
- A Special volume of Deep-Sea Research on the two Time-Series stations is available!
- If you would like to own a copy, use this form to notify Mary Z. in the Planning Office.
Return to U.S. JGOFS Home Page