Satellite Observations of Ocean Color
- The Ocean Color and Temperature Scanner (OCTS)
- located on the ADEOS satellite, launched in mid-August 1996 by the NASDA (National Space Development Agency of Japan), has sent back to Earth its first images.
SeaWiFS Home Page
- See the still images and MPEG video of a successful launch on March 8, 1996 of REX 2 on the Pegasus XL.
- The SeaWiFS Project Announcements page includes current launch status information.
Satellite images from Hawai'i
- The Satellite Oceanography Laboratory at SOEST is serving real-time images and movies from various types of satellites.
Global Satellite Imagery
- The Remote Sensing Group at RSMAS is providing satellite imagery of various locations.
Ocean Color Data and Resources
- Goddard Space Flight Center's DAAC is offering the CZCS archives and browsers.
- An Ocean Primary Productivity Study
- at the Division of Oceaographic and Atmospheric Sciences, Brookhaven National Laboratory may be of interest to viewers of this page.
Return to U.S. JGOFS Home Page